VigorSwitch G2280 (24-Port L2 Managed Gigabit Switch)
Request a price match on this product
Circumstances when prices cannot be matched:
- The product is displayed on an Auction website.
- The website does not have a direct trading account with the supplier.
- The full and final delivered price is not available on the competitors website.
- The item is not an identical product.
- Pricing error: Outdated, discontinued prices on competitor website.
- The product is shown on an affiliate / Comparison website. (The product must be compared on a UK trading website and able to accept payment).
- Price matches will not be made retrospectively, i.e once an order has already been placed or delivered.
- Price matches will be made on the same delivery basis as the competitor unless agreed otherwise.
VigorSwitch G2280 is a fully managed Layer 2 Gigabit switch ideal for small and medium business. It is equipped with 24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, 4 combo SFP/RJ-45 ports, and abundant of layer 2 management features to keep your network secure and smooth.
Flexible VLAN Options
With VigorSwitch G2280, you may segment the physical local area network (LAN) into the smaller logical network (VLAN) and limits the traffic within that segment, this allows the administrator to control the LAN access and eliminates unnecessary network traffic. VigorSwitch G2280 supports various types of identifying the VLAN of traffic, including port-based, tag-based, protocol-based, and MAC-based. Voice VLAN and Surveillance VLAN are also supported so that traffic from an IP phone or an IP camera can be identified automatically without the need of specifying each of their MAC address, the respective QoS (Quality of Service) policy can be applied easily, so that the call and video quality can be optimized.
To save the LAN bandwidth, VigorSwitch G2280 has integrated security features to prevent the local network being overloaded by superfluous traffic, such as Storm Control to limit the amount of broadcast and multicast traffic on each port, and DoS Defense to protect the network being flooded by malicious requests. And VigorSwitch G2280 provides methods to avoid IP conflicts, including IP Source Guard, ARP inspection, and DHCP Snooping. Moreover, VigorSwitch G2280 supports 802.1x port access control to block un-authorized users from connecting to the network.
Improving Performance by QoS
When the traffic is heavy on the LAN, QoS can improve the LAN network performance by allowing the critical or delay-sensitive traffic to pass first. VigorSwitch G2280 supports traffic classifying by 802.1p CoS, DSCP, and IP Precedence. VigorSwitch G2280 is especially ideal for a network which is going to deploy IP cameras and IP phones, with Auto Voice VLAN and Auto Surveillance VLAN feature, call and video traffic can be identified automatically and be assigned the desired class easily. On VigorSwitch G2280, you can have up to 8 traffic queues with customized weight.
Easy Setup & Monitoring
VigorSwitch G2280 has adopted a brand-new Graphical User Interface (GUI) that provides intuitive configuration and monitoring, it is also a responsive web page which allows Network Administrator to monitor the switch effortlessly via all kinds of devices. (Check the GUI of VigorSwitch G2280 from Live Demo) Command-Line Interface (CLI) is also provided via Telnet or SSH, and standard monitoring methods are supported including SNMP, RMON, and Syslog.
Central Management of Vigor Router
VigorSwitch G2280 is compliant with Central Management feature of Vigor Router. It can be managed through the Vigor Router’s management page, this allows Network Administrator to provision, configure, monitor, and maintain all the switches on the network easily from one single portal.
- Physical Interfaces:
- 24 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet Ports (RJ-45 IEEE 802.3/3u/ab)
- 4 Selectable Ports (Nos. 25-28), use as either:
- 10/100/1000BaseT (Gigabit) Ethernet or
- SFP (802.3z)
- Console Port
- 802.1q Tag-based VLAN
- Port-based and MAC-based VLANs
- QinQ (Basic)
- Up to 4K VLANs (out of 4096 VLAN IDs)
- 802.1v Protocol-Based VLAN
- Voice VLAN (OUI Mode)
- Surveillance VLAN (OUI Mode)
- Protocol VLAN
- MAC-based VLAN
- Management VLAN
- Support 8 priority queues
- Port-Based rate control
- Priority queue schedule (WRR or Strict Priority)
- Class of Service
- 802.1p CoS
- IP Precedence ToS
- Network Security:
- Access Control Lists (ACL)
- Source and destination MAC
- VLAN ID
- IPv4/v6 address
- TCP/UDP port
- IP Source Guard
- Storm Control (Broadcast, Unknown Multicast, Unknown Unicast)
- DoS Attack protection
- AAA Authentication
- Protected Port
- Access Control Lists (ACL)
- Link Aggregation:
- Combine multiple ports to increase bandwidth
- 8 Aggregation Groups
- Up to 8 ports in each group
- LCAP or Static setup
- Supports traffic load balancing
- Networking Performance:
- Switching Capacity: 56Gbps
- Forwarding Rate: 41.7Mpps
- MAC Addresses Supported: 8K
- Jumbo Frames up to 9KB
- Up to 256 multicast groups
- IGMP Snooping V2/V3 (BISS)
- IGMP V2/V3 Querier
- Filtering / Throttling
- MLD Snooping V1/V2
- Immediate Leave
- Multicase VLAN registration
- 802.1x – Single / Multiple
- Port based
- Mac Based
- Guest VLAN
- External AAA server using RADIUS / TACACS
- 802.1x – Single / Multiple
- IPv4 & IPv6 Dual-Stack
- Web User Interface (HTTP or HTTPS)
- Firmware Upgrade/Backup by HTTP/HTTPS
- HTTP (Non-TLS) can be disabled for increased security
- Configuration Backup/Restore
- Factory Default
- System Reboot
- LLDP(802.1ab) + MED
- DHCP Snooping with Option 82
- Command Line Interface (CLI) via SSH/Telnet
- Console Port (RJ45)
- DrayTek Switch Management support (from routers) *requires firmware update (est Q1 ’18)
- VigorACS Compatible *requires firmware update (est Q1 ’18)
- SNMP (with Generic Traps) & TR-069
- Port Status & Usage display
- CPU/RAM Usage display
- Event Log
- Port Mirroring
- Port-based cable test
- General IEEE Standards Compliance:
- 802.3 10Base-T
- 802.3u 100Base-T
- 802.3ab 1000Base-T
- 802.3x Flow Control Capability
- 802.3 Auto-negotiation
- 802.1Q VLAN
- 802.1p Class of Service
- 802.1d Spanning Tree
- 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree
- 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree
- 802.3ad Port trunk with LACP
- 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Operating Requirements:
- Power Input Requirements: 220-240VAC
- Power supply: Internal
- Maximum Input Power Consumption: 17.8 Watts
- Operating Temperature:~0°C to ~40°C
- Storage Temperature:-20°C to ~70°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Physical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 441 x 197 x 45 mm (W x D x H)
- Rack mountable: 1U
- Brackets included for rack or wall mounting
- Weight: 2.59Kg (excluding SFP modules/cables)
- ROHS & CE Compliant
- Warranty : 2 Year Manufacturer’s RTB
- VigorSwitch G2280
- Ethernet Cable
Next Day Delivery
For UK orders received before 12pm Monday to Friday, we operate a next business day delivery service, subject to availability. We use next day services from the leading delivery companies.
Specific Time Delivery
If you need an item urgently, or delivered at a specific time, please contact us.
We use several leading delivery companies. The majority of our deliveries are made by
DPD, including most international orders.
Shipping prices are calculated during the checkout process.
We deliver to almost every country. For international delivery services, we use DHL, a high quality, fast delivery service. Prices are provided based on the weight of the order; this is calculated when you reach the checkout.
For full shipping information please visit our shipping page.Learn More
Hosted Business VoIP Provider Unlimited Calls from £10/month
If you’re looking for a reliable and competitive VoIP provider for your small business, we can offer you one of the UK’s most trusted services. No need to compromise on quality, either. The capabilities of our VoIP PBX system have been developed over a decade, with our roadmap for the future incorporating even more improvements. Your business VoIP is in safe hands with us.
With SIP trunking, your business can operate its own on-site IP PBX system. Xinix has been offering our own SIP trunk solutions for over 10 years.
Business SIP trunking is a service that enables your company to operate a selection of telecommunications systems over your IP network. It offers a number of benefits – from cheaper international call costs to improved business flexibility. Incorporating a Disaster Recovery strategy to give access to an increased quantity of numbers, business SIP trunking from Xinix World can enhance the way your business stays connected.Learn More...